Thursday, January 3, 2013

Nescafe Memento {Review}

If I had any weakness in terms of my eating habits, it’d be donuts and my love of flavored, fancy coffees. Both are bad for my waist, but coffeehouse coffee is bad for my wallet. Sometimes it’s more than $4 for a cup of coffee that isn’t always as tasty as I thought it’d be.

I was sent the sample packs below thanks to Nescafe. They’re samples of the new Nescafe Memento single serve packets. They come in 3 tasty flavors, as you can see below, and are really unique for a few reasons.

NescafeMemento

First of all, they’re about 50-75 cents per packet and only 100 calories for a single serving/8 oz. But, the yumminess doesn’t stop there. Unlike any other single serve coffee packet I’ve ever tried, this one foams up! You have this delicious, milky, frothy foam on top of your latte JUST like you would at a coffeehouse. And no, it’s not just bubbles of air…it tastes good. And under the foam is a delicious latte. Swoon.

Today was SUPER COLD, and I was at home for lunch, so I decided to make the caramel latte and take if with me back to work today. I poured half a bottle of water into my mug, microwaved it for 3 minutes, poured the caramel latte packet in…

_DSC1836

Mixed it, and the foam magically appeared. Within seconds.

_DSC1840

Also, you can see that on the rim of my mug is a caramel like substance—this stuff is the real thing. The only thing I had to do other than mix it was add a packet of Splenda. I like my coffee very creamy and sweet, but for you hardcore coffee drinkers, it might be fine as is. Luckily, the Splenda packet didn’t add any calories, which kept my afternoon treat at a very low 100 calories. My usual light coffeehouse drink costs me about 2-3 times as many calories.

_DSC1857

I think these are a great alternative to the gourmet coffeehouse drinks that most of us love, and they are great for all of us who are counting calories as part of New Year’s Resolutions.

Which flavor would you like to try—caramel, cappuccino or mocha? You can order a free sample over here, and tell me what you think!

_DSC1861

I was selected to blog about this product thanks to Being Latino & Nescafe. All opinions, photos, etc. are my own and not influenced by compensation.

0 comments: